Keeping it real
Apr 18, 2018
Keeping it real. I’m sitting here in my bed (please note that is actually 2:15pm so really shouldn’t be in bed) but it’s raining! Yes, actual real soaking rain and it’s just heavenly to watch and listen to. The drought has been so severe it’s just bliss to have some rain. Hopefully (fingers crossed) this will start the rainy season off! But enough about the (glorious) rain and onto my post for today.
Keeping it real
I finally made it back to gym today after a 2 week hiatus as I had a cold which seemed to take a while to clear up or maybe the 2nd week was just me being lazy. While I was walking away on the treadmill I started thinking about my self & my life; what do I want out of it? What am I willing to accept as the norm and what am I not? I know I kind of touch on this topic a few times but I believe that’s healthy because it keeps life real; things change and so should your dreams & aspirations. I am WAY bless & fortunate that I can be a stay at home mum, lady of leisure or whatever you want to call it. It’s quite rare these days I think and I know I’m one of the lucky ones! It comes at a price though but, within about a year Shaun won’t be working so hard & such long hours (thank you employees) and it will be great to have hubby around more! I do a lot of single parenting at the moment (don’t get me wrong, he chips in whenever he can) but won’t be able to do that once baby #2 arrives!
Some cold hard truths about myself since becoming a mom:
- I am never going to be a size 10 or 12 again. Not am I ever going to have a six-pack. I don’t have the discipline or inclination to live off broccoli, tuna salads, grilled fish, bland oats and salad everyday for the rest of my life. I’m just not and that’s ok. As long as I eat relatively healthy most of the time I will be fine
- I am not (ever) going to run a marathon or a half marathon for that matter. I enjoy exercise but it has to be on my terms. I will exercise hard for a few weeks, maybe months, then it will drop off and I won’t go for ages. I’m not one of those people who lifts weights, does HIIT, etc 6 days a week in the process to be toned and skinny. I’d love it if it was easy to achieve but I’m just not driven enough to do it!
- My ideal size? Size 14 pants & a medium top (currently 16 & large)
- My ideal fitness level? Be able to run 5km in 35 – 40 minutes (not doing well on this front right now)
What do I want out of my life? When I’m 70 years old what do I want to have achieved or be able to look back and say I had a good life?
- A business that ticks along keeping me busy a few (2-3) hours a day
- A happy healthy marriage
- Quality time with friends
- Happy, well mannered & balanced children
- Travelled a lot
- Free of serious & life threatening disease
- Eaten amazing food
- Had wonderful experiences
Ok so now that I’ve got that off my chest I’d also like to announce that we’re going to try fall pregnant again around August which means baby will be born around May 2019. Yay! Go be happy people! It’s your choice each morning when you wake up! <3